"A Book of Verses undeneath the Bough, A Jug of Wine, a Loaf of Bread - and Thou Beside me singing in the Wilderness- Oh, Wilderness were Paradise enow!"
—Omar Khayyám (1050?-1123) Persian poet, mathematician, astronomer
- Contact lost with Malaysia Air plane Sat, 08 Mar 2014 01:58:16 GMT
- Malaysia Airlines says it has lost contact with flight MH370 travelling from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing with 239 people on board.
- Stand-off over at Crimea army base Fri, 07 Mar 2014 23:47:57 GMT
- A stand-off involving pro-Russian soldiers outside a Ukrainian military base near Sevastopol in Crimea reportedly ends without incident.
- Winter Paralympics open in Sochi Fri, 07 Mar 2014 19:46:36 GMT
- The 2014 Winter Paralympics are opened by Russian president Vladimir Putin in a spectacular ceremony in Sochi.
- Pistorius 'fired gun in anger' - ex Fri, 07 Mar 2014 14:53:57 GMT
- An ex-girlfriend tells the Oscar Pistorius trial that he fired a gun from a car, as a security guard tells of the shock of finding him with a dying Reeva Steenkamp.
- Turkish ex-military chief freed Fri, 07 Mar 2014 23:52:32 GMT
- Turkey's former army chief Ilker Basbug is released from prison in Istanbul after a local court overturns his conviction for plotting a coup.
- Brotherhood 'terrorists', say Saudis Fri, 07 Mar 2014 19:03:45 GMT
- Saudi Arabia designates the Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist organisation, along with two jihadist groups fighting with the Syrian rebels.
- S Africa expels Rwanda diplomats Fri, 07 Mar 2014 22:24:11 GMT
- South Africa expels three Rwandan diplomats in connection with an attack on the home of an exiled Rwandan dissident, diplomatic sources say.
- Kenyan president takes pay cut Fri, 07 Mar 2014 23:57:34 GMT
- Kenya's President Uhuru Kenyatta announces that he and his cabinet will take pay cuts to help reduce the government's ballooning wage bill.
- Sarkozy phone 'tapped by judges' Fri, 07 Mar 2014 15:59:19 GMT
- Ex-French President Nicolas Sarkozy has had his phone tapped on the orders of judges investigating alleged Libyan donations, it is claimed.
- Rio bin men on strike despite deal Sat, 08 Mar 2014 00:45:46 GMT
- Rubbish is piling up in Rio de Janeiro as the Brazilian city's street cleaners continue a strike, despite an announced agreement with the union.
- Facebook's WhatsApp purchase opposed Fri, 07 Mar 2014 14:48:36 GMT
- Facebook's purchase of WhatsApp - one of the biggest ever tech acquisitions - runs into trouble over privacy concerns.
- Boeing checks 787s for wing cracks Fri, 07 Mar 2014 23:24:13 GMT
- US aerospace company Boeing says it is checking 787 Dreamliner planes under production for potential "hairline cracks" in wings.
- Canada condom piercer verdict upheld Fri, 07 Mar 2014 17:39:01 GMT
- The Canadian Supreme Court upholds the sexual assault conviction of a man who poked holes in the condoms he wore during sex with his girlfriend.
- VIDEO: 'We fear a backlash against Russian-Americans' Sat, 08 Mar 2014 00:56:08 GMT
- Ukrainian and Russian immigrants to the US talk to the BBC about how they see the crisis in their homelands
- VIDEO: Composer admits lying about deafness Fri, 07 Mar 2014 18:02:07 GMT
- Mamoru Samuragochi, one of Japan's most famous composers, officially apologises for pretending to be deaf. He was exposed last month by a music teacher, who also claimed that he wrote all of his music for him in secret for 18 years.
Grow a Reader
March 25, 2014
Grow a Reader-Hugo Registration
Hugo Public Library,
March 26, 2014
Friends of the Bookmobile Annual Banquet
Ellis Allen Event Building, Lincoln County Fair Grounds,
April 4, 2014
One Book 4 Colorado Hugo AM
Hugo Preschool Room,
April 16, 2014
One Book 4 Colorado @ LCDC
Limon Child Development Center,
April 16, 2014