"A classic is a book which people praise and don't read."
—Mark Twain (1835-1910) [Samuel Langhorne Clemens] American author, humorist
- Blatter condemns European 'hate' Sat, 30 May 2015 10:04:09 GMT
- Newly re-elected Fifa president Sepp Blatter condemns a "hate" campaign by European officials and says he was "shocked" by the comments of US prosecutors.
- US demands China halt reclamations Sat, 30 May 2015 07:59:33 GMT
- The US calls for an "immediate halt" to land reclamation in disputed areas of the South China Sea, saying China is "out of step" with international rules.
- Lung cancer therapy is 'milestone' Fri, 29 May 2015 23:00:54 GMT
- A lung cancer therapy can more than double life expectancy in some patients, a major trial shows.
- Silk Road drug site founder jailed Sat, 30 May 2015 06:56:29 GMT
- Ross Ulbricht, the founder of online illegal drug marketplace the Silk Road, is sentenced to life in prison.
- US discovers more anthrax shipments Sat, 30 May 2015 01:03:58 GMT
- The US military orders a review into how it handles anthrax, after discovering more cases of live anthrax sent to laboratories, including one in Australia.
- Saved by the Bell actor convicted Sat, 30 May 2015 08:42:40 GMT
- Former Saved by the Bell actor Dustin Diamond is convicted of two charges after a bar fight on Christmas Day - but cleared of a more serious claim.
- Sarkozy renames French opposition Sat, 30 May 2015 01:47:58 GMT
- France's main opposition party, led by ex-president Nicolas Sarkozy, has changed its name from UMP to The Republicans, despite fierce opposition from critics.
- Gunmen kill 19 in Pakistan bus raids Fri, 29 May 2015 20:42:10 GMT
- Gunmen in Pakistan's Balochistan province kill at least 19 passengers after taking over two Karachi-bound buses, officials say.
- Italy rescues 3,300 boat migrants Fri, 29 May 2015 21:16:40 GMT
- Italy rescued a total of more than 3,300 migrants trying to cross the Mediterranean on Friday, the country's coastguard says.
- Germany 'hits global birth rate low' Fri, 29 May 2015 16:12:40 GMT
- A study says Germany's birth rate has slumped to the lowest in the world, prompting fears labour market shortages will damage the economy.
- VIDEO: Fifa's Sepp Blatter holds news conference Sat, 30 May 2015 09:15:19 GMT
- Newly re-elected Fifa President Sepp Blatter gives a news conference in Zurich.
- VIDEO: Cuba removed from US terrorism list Sat, 30 May 2015 04:43:09 GMT
- The United States has removed Cuba from its list of state sponsors of terrorism.
- VIDEO: How Sepp Blatter charmed Africa Fri, 29 May 2015 21:46:18 GMT
- Sepp Blatter has been re-elected as president of football's world governing body, despite widespread allegations of corruption at FIFA.
- VIDEO: Inside Malaysia's migrant jungle camps Fri, 29 May 2015 18:01:31 GMT
- Ian Pannell and cameraman Darren Conway went to migrant camps on Malaysia's border, where traffickers abused and killed Rohingya Muslims.
- VIDEO: Lung cancer therapy hope for patients Sat, 30 May 2015 07:35:12 GMT
- A lung cancer therapy can more than double life expectancy in some patients, a "milestone" trial shows.